Saturday, May 12, 2007

Kevin Spacey is the coolest guy EVER!

This evening was probably the greatest evening of the trip so far, and it all came about through a couple of chance happenings.

We were on our way to the discount tickets booth to see if we could get some Spamalot tickets, but we didn't realise the ticket booth had moved to 46th street, so we walked down 47th, where it used to be. As we passed a theatre on 47th we noticed Kevin Spacey was in a play there that night. So we changed our minds and picked up tickets to that - "A Moon for the Misbegotten."

The play was great, with Eve Best and Colm Meaney delivering fantastic performances alongside Kevin. It was quite strange to think that it was really Kevin Spacey there in front of us, and not just a projected image. This was what we came to New York for!

But that wasn't all...

After the show we went outside to discover the rain forecast had set in, so we put our heads down and prepared for the 5 block walk to the nearest subway station, but we realised a lot of people were waiting around the stage door. So we joined them. :)

After maybe 10 minutes wait the cast came out and signed a few autographs. I missed getting Colm's by about 10 seconds, but we got Eve's and Kevin's. I then noticed the crowd was thinning as they got their autographs, so I went back with Spanky in hand, and found myself asking a 2-time Academy Award winner if he could "hold my monkey for a photo". Kevin took Spanky, took a brief look at him, asked if this would "come back to haunt him", before posing with him for this, the highlight of my photographic career:



I was shaking the entire way back to the hotel because I couldn't believe I managed to do that! :D I mean I asked Kevin Spacey to hold a monkey that I think began its life as a Hungry Jacks toy or something!

Anyway, the rest of the day leading up to this evening was fun (tho in hindsight wasn't as fun as if Kevin Spacey had have been there :P)

We spent about half the day in Central Park, which was packed with people playing baseball, walking their dogs, or just getting some sun. We also checked out Central Park Zoo, which was smaller than I thought it would be. They have a lot of animals there though, so it was well worth the $8.

I got lots of photos throughout the day but will have to select the good ones out first before I upload them, so they'll probably come tomorrow.

Speaking of which, the plan for tomorrow is the NBC Studios tour and the Museum of Modern Art, followed by Spamalot (unless we decide to go see Kevin Spacey again :P)

Happy Mothers Day, Mum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

O..M..G.. *dies*

Sara said...

You are my freaking hero. Actually, Spanky is my hero, but you're up there, too.