Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Boston

We made it safe and sound to Boston, after struggling to stay awake on the train here. The Amtrak trains are so quite and smooth and the seats are so huge that it's not hard to get comfy enough to catch up on some much-needed sleep.

We got into Boston a little after 3pm, picked up a small guide book at the train terminal, and got a cab to the hotel. We asked the cabby what our chances would be of getting tickets to the Red Sox game tonight. He said we'd likely have no chance at all, so we decided we'd find a sports bar somewhere to watch the game instead. When we got to the hotel though, I jumped on the wireless and checked the site and found 2 tickets! So about an hour after getting into town we were on our way to Fenway Park!

Here's the photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/aaron77/BostonRedSox

I also got a little bit of video, which was perfectly timed for (I think) Ortiz to hit a double:


Unfortunately, Boston went down 7-2 to the Detroit Tigers, so it wasn't quite the night it might have been. I think I have some bad luck for sporting teams - last trip I went to see the Carolina Hurricanes while they were on a 9-game winning streak and they got flogged 9-0! :(

So if I come to your town, don't let me go watch your sporting team!

Tomorrow I think we're going to walk the Freedom Trail around the city. We only really have tomorrow here, and I think that will be the best way to see the city.

At least my legs had a nice rest today from all this walking!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the picture of the two of you at Fenway. Cute! And nice camera work there, Mr. Video!