Friday, May 4, 2007

Hollywood and Griffith Observatory

It's Friday morning now, and today is Universal Studios, but yesterday was Hollywood and the Griffith Observatory.

Photos are at http://picasaweb.google.com/aaron77/HollywoodAndGriffithObservatory

Hollywood Boulevard was not nearly as busy as it was last time I visited. It's still a bit of a crazy place though, with the people in costumes trying to pose for as many photos as they can, and people trying to sell your tours to stars homes etc.

After I took the photos of Homer and Spiderman, they asked me for a tip. Unfortunately I only had a single one dollar bill on me, and Em had walked off so I felt a little bad about that.

Griffith Observatory was so much better than we thought it would be. If you're visiting LA definitely check it out. The planetarium show was quite good, and nothing like that South Park episode lead me to believe planetarium shows were like. :P

The weather was fantastic. It's a little bit chilly, with a bit of a cool breeze, but the breeze must have been blowing all the smog away because the view was spectacular! We could all but see to the horizon, which is about 5 times better than it was last time I visited the Hollywood Hills.

The night before we went to Outback Steakhouse, to see what America thinks we eat. It was really good food, but nothing like what real Aussie food is like. Where were the meat pies? Where were the lamingtons? Or the vegemite on toast? Now that would make a great restaurant! :P

Photos from the restaurant are at http://picasaweb.google.com/aaron77/OutbackSteakhouse/. Spanky got very drunk that night!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hahahaha! I don't know where to start.

1. I'm glad you're here!
2. I've missed Spanky.
3. I am DYING that you finally went to Outback Steakhouse. Did you harass the server with lots of questions about Australia?
4. Brisbane was an answer on Jeopardy the other night and I totally knew it.
5. My parents are in L.A! They're driving the final stretch of Route 66 tomorrow morning, so keep an eye out for a red minivan with Iowa plates.

aaron said...

1. I'm glad we're here too! :D
2. I've missed travelling with Spanky. He has such great stories to tell!
3. We didn't harass the waitress but she said she felt like she was under pressure when she realised we were all Australians :P
4. Brisbane is the answer to everything
5. A red minivan you say? that shouldn't be too hard to spot in LA cos it's not like there's eleventy billion cars on the road :P